Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I went back and rewatched the Austin Powers movies and it's actually kinda weird how much Austin respects consent and boundries

I didn't really live through the 90's and I know consent isn't some modern invintention or something, but I think we can all agree conversations about consent weren't as open as they are nowdays. So naturally I didn't have high hopes for Austin since he is a pervy main character in a 90's raunchy comedy that saterizes the bond movies, which have always had rather dubious problems with consent. To my surprise though, Austin is legitimately repsectful, there are sometimes when he goes too far and he can be rather pushy, but he honestly has a better grasp on consent than most men in my family. He doesn't sleep with a girl while she's drunk, he doesn't call her baby once she asks him to stop (except for that one slip up), he's always very clear with his intentions, and he never really gets mad if a woman just isn't into him.

He's still a horny perv and like i said, there are some moments that go a liiiitle too far, but wow, Austin should be the role model of how to write a pervy character correctly. I know part of the joke about him is he is kinda ugly yet shags women 24/7, but really I don't think it's too hard to figure out why he manages to get so many girls. Women like a guy who makes them feel safe, and Austin does that so ofc women want him. I guess if you really squint at it though, you could interpret that as being part of the gag too.



Submitted September 07, 2023 at 06:08PM by BeelzebubParty https://ift.tt/LSZFPx1

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health