Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What is a movie that has aged surprisingly well for you?

Everyone talks about movies that age poorly, whether it be subject matter, special effects, or simply it was of its time, many movies do not at least publicly stand the test of time, even if they can still be appreciated. But what is a movie that you may have thought would age poorly but didn't? For me, that is the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie. First off, you can ignore the sequels with the first one alone. It was made as a stand alone movie. And still works as one. Secondly, the effects hold up phenomenally well, especially compared to what is out there now. When I watched it about a month ago, I likened it to a modern pirate movie equivalent to what the Princess Bride was for medieval fairy tails.

You have the archetypes of a typical swashbuckling pirate movie: the swashbuckling maverick hero (Will Turner), the evil pirate villain (Captain Barbosa), the strong willed damsel in distress (Elizabeth), the legal antagonist (Norrington), but you have Jack Sparrow who is the anti-archetype (was also surprised that Depp was nominated but it makes sense). Not to mention the soundtrack which has come to define the genre. When I was younger I enjoyed the movie but looking back I am surprised it aged so well, at least for me (but everyone I have talked to says something similar.

What are other movies that you wouldn't think would age well but have?



Submitted September 08, 2023 at 11:51PM by CTG0161 https://ift.tt/2jWqYVu

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health