Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What are your favorite movies that get super dark rather abruptly?

The movies don’t have to necessarily be lighthearted, but I’m looking for movies that get really fucked up or unravel within a short time. Bonus points if you can narrow it down to the specific scene.

The best example of this IMO is Boogie Nights (1997). The first hour of the movie is full of sex, blow, and parties, but then it quickly turns into an absolute shit show starting with the scene where the Colonel is arrested for having… you know.. This caught me so off guard the first time I watched it as from that scene onward it’s just bad things after bad things for most of the characters. Honestly chilling, and way tougher to watch than I expected.

One of my favorites and probably the centerpiece for absolutely gut wrenching films, Requiem for a Dream does this really well too. However, the first hour of that movie isn’t exactly sunshine and daisies either. The scene where Tyrone gets arrested after his plug gets whacked in front of him is always the part where I warn first time viewers “Hey it gets a lot worse from here out.”

Not a serious movie or anything, but Click (2006) goes from an Adam Sandler movie to the most depressing shit I have seen in a comedy movie the second the remote autoskips him 10 years into the future

What are your guys’ picks for this? I feel like I bring these 3 movies up a lot, so I want to broaden my horizons.



Submitted January 04, 2024 at 12:21AM by xaniel_the_legend https://ift.tt/aAdnPcH

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health