Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I saw "Tomorrowland" and it was exactly what I needed to see

I knew going in it was going to be flawed and cliched, and it was. But I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the actual story.

It was weird to see a movie made two years ago and released a year ago talk about nuclear, civil, and environmental destruction being immediately inevitable -- because those things have seemingly only gotten worse. It got a little preachy, but governor Nix's speech about humanity's laziness really struck me. The sad acceptance about losing all hope for the future and just letting all the crap come to pass was really on point.

Clooney and Laurie's characters were great. Both cynical, but Clooney having just this slight sliver of hope that pushes him to take action when they finally get to Tomorrowland. I liked how the closer they got to Tomorrowland, the more he was subtly getting excited. You could tell this character actually did want to go back, but that desire had just been buried for several decades.

Britt Robertson's Casey was good, not great. She was a Disney character to a fault -- hopeful and stubborn, funny and sensitive, etc etc. I didn't mind her that much, though it bothered me that she never got her NASA hat back.

What was interesting was that we never saw the future again, meaning the possibility of that doomsday scenario working out is probably still very high.

Personally, I needed to see a movie that was hopeful about the future. This checked a lot boxes for me. It wasn't perfect, and there were some serious flaws story-wise, but I really enjoyed it.



Submitted September 30, 2017 at 08:52PM by Manofwood http://ift.tt/2kb8APH

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health