Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Just viewed a surprise showing of Greg Sestero & Tommy Wiseau's new film, Best F(r)iends. AMA?

Ventured out to the Alamo Drafthouse today. Everyone thought it was going to be a showing of The Room with Greg Sestero there for Q&A.

Before the movie began, he came out and introduced a short documentary segment on the making of The Disaster Artist (memoir). At the end of that segment, there was a trailer for Best F(r)iends. He came back out and asked if we'd all like to watch it instead. Cheers implied yes.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm giving this movie extra credit because I was expecting The Room, but it was certainly a fun experience. Wasn't a so-bad-it's-good film, definitely not Oscar worthy. Tommy was used wisely, as a bizarre sort of character. If I didn't know who he was, I'd probably think he was an incredible method actor playing this guy. Dialogue from everyone else felt awkward at times, but I think they may have been going for naturalistic dialogue/mumblecore where people occasionally misspeak or rephrase their statements.

Movie was fun though, had quirky sort of style to it and was far more competent of a film than I was expecting. Felt more like the sort of low-budget indie movie The Room was supposed to be, rather than what it ended up as.

EDIT: It's nearly 3:00 AM so I'll answer more in the morning!



Submitted January 28, 2018 at 11:25AM by TeeveeSquared http://ift.tt/2njgsNC

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health