Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

RIP Eli Hayes, devoted filmmaker and passionate Letterboxd reviewer

Woke up this morning to the terrible news of the passing of Eli Hayes, who was just 27 and had a passion for cinema unlike anyone else. Dude had logged more than 13,000 movies on Letterboxd, and not only that, he was probably the most genuinely kind person on that site and was a talented filmmaker in his own right. Eli wasn't just another pretentious film student; he had a genuine love for cinema that I've never seen in anyone else. I didn't know him super well personally, but I did have multiple interactions with him on Letterboxd and he was as nice as anyone I've ever met. He had a promising career ahead of him and it's an absolute shame what happened.

I think it's important that his work lives on, so here's a link to some of his short and feature length films, completely free to watch: https://vimeo.com/elihayes

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, I'm just really sad about this and Eli was a huge influence on my current taste in movies. He opened me up to so many great movies I would have never seen otherwise, so please do yourself a favor and watch even just one of his short films. Eli will never be forgotten, and the world is a worse place without him.



Submitted May 25, 2020 at 03:10AM by RequiemForAJoker https://ift.tt/2ZvGyBG

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health