Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I watched A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood last night and I can't believe what it did to me

To give a bit of context, I'm British, so my knowledge of Mister Rogers is from the general zeitgeist, and that he was this lovely man who had this children's show where he taught children kindness. The only direct clip I'd ever seen of the show was of that kid in the wheelchair he interviewed on his show and then him surprising mister Rogers at some award show to present an award.

I really want to drive home my lack of knowledge about who mister Rogers was, and what he was about, because watching that film last night hit me like a big train of feelings and it was an emotional journey that I haven't been on with a film in a very very long time.

I thought it would be a light easy watch, and I was almost resisting throughout the first 20 mins, thinking "all this positivity and goodness nonsense is a bit cringe" but I could feel it pulling on me emotionally so I relaxed...and To say I was moved by that film would be an massive understatement.

I had no idea I was going to connect with Matthew Rhys' character, Lloyd, on the level that I did and how his thoughts and feelings would mirror many of my own. I'm sure a lot of men can see a lot of ourselves in Lloyd and his journey I think is an important one, especially for men to see, as we still dealing with resistance in society from being able to feel safe to express our feelings and be vunerable.

Tom hanks did something I've not really see him do before, which was not be Tom hanks anymore. He clearly put a lot of work into his posture, walking and voice and it was captivating, and I hope those who know mister Rogers better than I, think it was an accurate performance because the world doesn't deserve a man with goodness such as his.

I'm literally getting a bit choked up writing and remembering scenes and dialogue from the film, like the park bench scene with Lloyd and his wife or the line from Mister Rogers "anything mentionable is manageable"

I feel like that film on some level was the best therapy session I have never had.

The film, in the most kind and innocent way possible, challenges you and I urge anyone who hasn't seen to go watch it (it's on Netflix)

Would love to hear what others thought of the film too and if anyone else had their waterworks running on max whilst watching it haha!



Submitted January 16, 2022 at 12:34AM by Merlyn101 https://ift.tt/3nt6wRo

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health