Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I forgot what a fucking insane movie 'Bedknobs and Brooksticks' is.

I wanna preface by saying I probably hadn't seen it since I was 5 or 6 years old, and after my most recent viewing, I think whoever showed me the movie probably skipped straight to the cartoon portions of it.

The movie opens with a drawing of a Nazi soldier, swastika and all. We get your usual 70s extended intro credits set to some drawings of everything we're about to see.

So anyway, without overexplaining, the movie is about an amateur witch who is forced to board children during WW2. She is taking a witchcraft class via correspondence, and the person she's taking the class from doesn't realize the magic she's doing is real.

One thing leads to another and they're in a fictional world occupied by talking fish and animals. An octopus plays the drums. Then they go to an island and an entire animal vs animal soccer game is shown.

When they return to reality, Nazis are invading the area Angela Lansbury's character lives and she brings an entire museum's worth of suits of armor to life to fight them. It is WILD and I remember nothing but the animated fish from when I was younger.

Still definitely a kids movie, but if someone asked me what my recollection of the movie was as a kid, I never would've said "A witch fights Nazis in World War 2."



Submitted April 17, 2023 at 07:31AM by Mister_Sasquatch https://ift.tt/dlejxb4

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health