Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Vanilla Sky Revisit

I just got done watching Vanilla Sky and I forgot just how well made this movie is. The actors are perfectly cast and the movie it's beautifully photographed. It's the type of film that really makes you rethink your life and everything about yourself. I can't begin to think what I'd do if I was left permanently disfigured by a horrible car crash. Of course, I'm not half as handsome as Tom Cruise, but that's not the point. People do judge you based on how you look. I'm specifically referring to the Halo Effect when extremely good looking people are loved almost solely because of how they look. They could be the biggest douche bag imaginable and it wouldn't matter much because they're well above average looking and people assume many other positive things about them without proof.

Also, for the first time, this movie made me uncomfortable to the point that I was asking myself what a viewer that was actually disfigured would think about this film. Would they feel insulted? Would they feel ashamed? What are your thoughts on this and the movie in general. Personally, I believe it to be one of the best films ever made.



Submitted June 19, 2023 at 10:43AM by Impressive_Jury_6572 https://ift.tt/hXxrV3c

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health