Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

'School Of Rock' observation, wholesome as hell.

'School of Rock' (2003) is maybe my favourite film. It's the perfect movie and I watched it at the cinema at the age of 9. I'm now a primary school teacher and always show it to my kids at Christmas before we break up.

Like all of our favourite films, I noticed something new when watching it for the umpteenth time.

It's in Zack's song. If you actually break down the lyrics, you realise that the song is about Mr. Schneebly.

"Baby, we were making straight As, We were stuck in a dumb daze. Don't take much to memorise your lies, Feel like I've been hypnotised.

And then that magic man he come to town, Whoo-ee he done spun my head around. He said recess is in session, 2+2 makes 5, And now baby oh I'm alive"

This is a 10 year old kid, immensely gifted, writing a song about how his substitute teacher has changed his take on the world. I know the end sequence with the battle of the bands is awesome and all, but if you remember that this is Zack's song, written at home (where his dad keeps him in a box) this is such a wholesome component of an amazing film.



Submitted September 30, 2023 at 12:36AM by CTQORIGI https://ift.tt/3dKy9WE

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health