Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Life of Brian is one of the best comedies I've seen; why hadn't I heard of it before?

Today, I watched a wonderfully satirical movie about the absurdity of Christianity, the folly of groupthink, and the lack of intellectual rigor our Middle Eastern, desert-wandering, ancestors exhibited. I did a little research and discovered that this movie was banned in several countries and sparked a furious backlash from the Church. It's now one of my favorite movies. I lament that I hadn't seen it sooner.

I googled Roger Ebert's review, and while he gave it three stars, he expressed frustration at what he described as the impenetrable nature of its British humor. I couldn't disagree more; the humor was on point, relevant, and understandable today. What does this group think about Life of Brian, and why would Roger Ebert, a self-acknowledged Anglophile, only give it three stars?



Submitted October 05, 2023 at 09:17AM by TampaBai https://ift.tt/6malHxA

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health